The transition team from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) went to the Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Philippines office under the Department of Health (DOH) on 13 January 2023 to discuss status updates and align on the next steps, in parallel with the ocular inspection of facilities to prepare for the anticipated physical reporting of staff at the DOST within the year. This is a follow-through on the current efforts of both agencies to fully transition HTA Philippines to the DOST within 5 years of establishment and operation at the DOH based on the Universal Health Care (UHC) Act.
The visit convened representatives from the following teams:
– DOH Health Regulation Team (HRT) headed by OIC-Undersecretary Charade Mercado-Grande
– HTA Council (HTAC) led by Chairperson Dr. Marita Reyes
– DOH HTA Division (HTAD) headed by Chief Ms. Anne Julienne Marfori
– DOST Office of the Undersecretary for Scientific and Technical Services (STS) headed by Undersecretary Maridon Sahagun
– DOST Administrative and Legal Service (ALS) headed by Assistant Secretary Diana Ignacio
– DOST Finance Management Service (FMS) headed by Director Racquel Alvendia
– DOST Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) headed by Executive Director Jaime Montoya
– DOST General Service Division (GSD) led by OIC-Head Mr. Jhoven Litana
Rest assured that we will keep our stakeholders adequately informed and guided on the changes that will result from the transition. Unless otherwise announced, correspondences and document tracking will remain at the DOH.
We thank you for your patience and usual support.
Photos taken by the HTA Division.
To keep updated on HTA news, visit our website: https://hta.doh.gov.ph/
Like and follow our FB page: bit.ly/HTA-OfficialFB