Reverse Transcriptase – Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR)
A. Policy and Research Question
Which SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kit brand/s may be procured by the Philippine DOH for detecting COVID19 cases among suspect cases and recovering patients?
Market availability and implementation
- In which country/countries are the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kits approved for market entry?
- Which of the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kits are undergoing WHO-prequalification review?
- In which country/countries are the reviewed SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kits being used/ implemented by the government?
Performance: Accuracy or Agreement Measures
- What are the comparative analytical sensitivity and specificity of the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kits?
- What is the comparative clinical accuracy or agreement measures of the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kits in detecting COVID19 cases among suspect cases versus current testing used by RITM?
- What are the comparative costs of the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kits?
- What are other resource needs required for the implementation of the SARS-CoV-2 PCR test kits?
B. Protocol: Not available.
C. Reviewers: Health Technology Assessment Unit, DOH
D. Start of Review: March 23, 2020
E. End of Review: May 18, 2020
Evidence summary: Not available. Link will be available soon.
Technical guidance: Not available. Link will be available soon.
Rapid review: http://bit.ly/RRRTPCR
Decision of the Secretary of Health: Not available