Rapid Antibody Tests (RATs)
May 2020 Reassessment
A. Policy and Research Question
Which use case and for what population should the Philippine DOH consider the use of RATs?
- What is/are the approved use case/s of RATs by selected regulatory agencies?
- What are the validation testing requirements of selected regulatory agencies?
- What are the performance standards used by selected regulatory agencies?
Testing guidelines and evidence synthesis on use of RATs
- Which country/countries have implemented testing strategies using RATs for diagnosis, determination of previous exposure, or epidemiologic surveillance of COVID-19?
- What is the current position/ recommendation of HTA agencies regarding the use of RATs for diagnosis, determination of previous exposure, or epidemiologic surveillance of COVID-19?
- What is the accuracy of RATs in the following use cases?
a. Diagnosis of COVID-19 among asymptomatic patients
b. Determination of previous exposure to SARS-CoV-2
c. Epidemiologic surveillance of COVID-19
B. Protocol: Not available.
C. Reviewers: Health Technology Assessment Unit, DOH
D. Start of Review: May 29, 2020
E. End of Review: July 14, 2020
Evidence summary: http://bit.ly/ESRATsMay2020
Technical guidance: http://bit.ly/TGRATsMay2020
Rapid review: http://bit.ly/RRRATsMay2020
Decision of the Secretary of Health: http://bit.ly/DecisionRATsMay2020
HTAC Recommendation Review: